Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Perspective

Okay, when I set up this blog it was for the sole purpose of sending pics of the kids and writing about our life, etc. for our family and whoever else might be interested. I had no desire or plan to post my thoughts about things because.....I just didn't want to. Eric has convinced me otherwise and now I only wish I had a picture to illustrate my story.

Well, last week while sitting at a stop light I noticed a bumper sticker on the car ahead of me. It said "sometimes I wish I were a missing person". Some of my immediate thoughts ran to the tv show "missing persons" where the people have been abducted or killed. I thought "that person has no idea what they're wishing for - what a stupid thing to say". Then, even while that thought is in my mind my thoughts begin to transfer down another path and I think to myself "but, I kind of know what she means(I'm assuming it was a woman). Who doesn't want to just dissappear from life for a little while to get a break. " Just then I noticed the bumper sticker on the car to my front left and it said:

" 9/11........(two thousand something) people killed or missing"

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow. Yeah, that's all I can think to say. That is one of those wow, hmmm moments. Sure does make you think...

Jennifer said...

That really does put perspective on things. I used to wish at times I was missing from life when I was stressed... that I could disappear. But I don't truly want to be missing. Thanks Marie!

Jennifer

Jane said...

Oh Marie,
Thank you so much! As Michelle said that is one that you have to say"Hmmmm"
Thank you so much for taking Erics advice, as I just am so blessed when I can read all the different ways God is teaching His People!
It so helps in my Q.T.
I love you Marie
Jane