Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Our new friends.

Every day we feed two ducks which I named Violet and Millard. They are
so cute when we see them waddling across the street back to the
lake.
They come to our house every day for bread. Violet is very greedy. She used to snatch all of the bread before Millard could get any. Now only Violet comes to our house. Yesterday, Violet came into our backyard by sliding under our
picket fence. She came very close to me and Matthew. We hope
she has her ducklings in our yard.
By Sarah Hughes


4 comments:

Michelle said...

ooooh, how fun Sarah!

When I worked at Integrity, there were two ducks that would come up to the office from the pond. They would knock on the door with their beaks and we'd feed them bread. We got to see their ducklings... I hope you get to too!

Katherine M. said...

Have you figured out what happened to Millard? Hope Violet likes your yard when it comes time to have ducklings. Such fun for your kids!

Carrol Thomas said...

Hi Sarah! I remember two ducks when we lived in Virginia named Eddie and Heather Feather...they were so fun to watch. When we lived at the townhouse, every spring the mama ducks had little ducklings with them. That was so fun. Usually, there were little bunnies in the backyard eating my garden, too!
Love you! Aunt Carrol

Jessica Rockey said...

Hi Sarah!
How fun to watch the birds and ducks in the spring. Maybe Violet will have ducklings soon... You need to think of a few good names for them!

I have a little momma sparrow that built a nest in the wreath on our front door! She sits on her 3 eggs all day long. I can see her through the peep hole! I love watching her.

Mrs. Jessica