Saturday, September 20, 2008

The National Zoo


I absolutely love this area. I've been up here in Maryland so many times before for conferences but always in the colder months. I never knew how beautiful the area we are now living in was. One of the things I love so much is all the free stuff we can do so last week the kids and I headed to the National Zoo. It was great! Of course I am an animal lover so obviously I was in heaven but the weather was perfect and the park itself is so pretty. Admission to the zoo is free so you just park and walk in. The parking is expensive so we became official "FONZ" members (friends of the national zoo) so we get free parking. We'll be heading back next week with Eric to check out the bird house and primates. Can you believe my kids didn't want to go see the monkeys? They said that monkeys were "weird and freaky".

The other thing I loved was the drive to the zoo thru Chevy Chase, MD. It's top of my list to visit and walk around with Eric. Along Connecticut Avenue there are all kinds of outdoor cafes, specialty shops and even regular stores but it's so cityish with a trendy yet charming feel. Like maybe the quaintness of Ghent with the real coolness of New York. I don't know why I'm trying so hard to describe this place I've only driven thru especially when this post is supposed to be about our trip to the zoo. I'm getting tired. See why I don't post much!!!

Here's some pics:











10 comments:

Wasko Family said...

SO good to hear from you guys!!! Great post Mrs. Marie!! We hope to hear from you all a LOT!!! =D When can we come visit!!? :)

Kate Van said...

Looks like a fun day- the area IS beautiful! We miss you guys a lot! Keep up the posts!

Matt said...

Hey new friend!
I didn't know you had a blog...how fun!!! Let's do a double date to Chevy Chase..I've thought the SAME thing when driving through to the zoo!!!
So grateful to know you and be your neighbors this year!
love,
Helen

Megan said...

monkeys are "weird and freaky" That cracks me up!

Wasko Family said...

Great posts, Marie. I love the zoo pics and seeing your townhouse. It is very cute. Miss you guys!

Love,

Mel

Barbara said...

Good Girl! The pictures are wonderful and the glimpse into your lives is wonderful too.
I agree, it does seem like you have been there forever!
:-(

Katie Virginia Battaglia said...

I think monkeys are weird and freaky too!!! :)

Mimi said...

Glad to know you guys are having fun. The only way I like monkeys is from a safe distance on T.V. I think I've been watching too much Jeff Corwin:)

katienwes said...

Eric and Marie - great to hear how the Lord is meeting you with lots of grace and kindness. We miss you lots, but are so greatful for what the Lord is doing in and thru you. Thank you again for your wonderful example of living out ALL THINGS FOR THE SAKE OF THE GOSPEL.
We love you!

Wasko Family said...

Sounds like you guys had a blast! So who said monkeys are weird and freaky? Weridoes! Please keep up the posts. Miss you all so much!

Tay

P.S Rach, i got the third Eragon book, i am sure you are done, so don't tell me ANYTHING!:)