Thursday, November 1, 2007

Our "Dream House"

We moved eight months ago but not all of you have been able to see our new home. While we were waiting for our old house to sell Sarah had named our new house "dream house". The wait for our house to sell seemed like forever and we all waited in great anticipation to move. Even only eight months later I can forget how eager I was to live here and become complacent in my gratefulness and joy at moving to a bigger house for our family, a neighborhood where the kids could play outside and with friends and family only houses away. I am very grateful for this house that the Lord provided for us. I am grateful to our wonderful friends who helped us paint, paint and paint.

This is the front foyer. Eric laid the hardwood floor in here and the dining room.



The living room to the left of the foyer.



Eric widened this doorway into the kitchen about a foot. Great Job!


The family room along with the whole downstairs trim was painted white. Fireplace too.


Our new kitchen






The dining room where we also do school



I really love our downstairs bathroom - I know that sounds weird but it has a shower. It's nice for the boys to have a seperate bathroom. These are lighthouse pictures that my friend Melanie took on one of our vacations to the outter banks.


Screened porch out back


We vacationed at home this past June. The kids named all the rooms. This is the master bedroom




Sarah's room though she sleeps with Rachel every night



Rachel's big girl room that also becomes our guest room



The boys have the biggest room which they love. One side has their stuff and the rest is just the playroom.

9 comments:

sarah said...

Oh it looks so pretty- I am so excited for you guys and I know Heather and the kids love having you so close!! What fun!

Bekah said...

Your house looks amazing! I love the hardwood floors! And it was so fun being able to help paint! I must say...the master bedroom paint job is exquisite! ;)

Kate Thomas. said...

The house looks great marie. We miss stopping by. We'll be home for a few days after christmas. Can't wait to see all the family again. Sean sends his love, we miss you guys.

Sara said...

We miss your house. You do a great job making it warm and cozy. Thanks so much for letting us stay there this summer. We love and miss you guys very much.

Sara

ps it looks like you got the kitchen floors done. They look great!!

The Smith Family said...

Marie,
Great post and great pictures...We couldn't have asked for a better family to move in behind us. We absolutely love having you guys there! God was so gracious to us in bringing you all to fill the huge hole the Bauers left!!
You have done a beautiful job making 1306 Plantation Lakes Circle your own.
See you through the window!
Much love,
The Smiths

Leslie said...

Oh I love so many things...the floors, the kitchen but esp the half shutters in the girls room and the curtains above it makes the room so cozy and quaint. I love your idea of vacationing at home, jim and I I had a weekend away at home for my birthday this year it was very relaxing and comfortable. the house is a beauty!

Kate Van said...

it's cozy too!

Katie Virginia said...

Marie! I just found your blog! The house looks great. Miss you and love you all!

Mimi said...

The kitchen looks great! Worth the wait:)